[thelist] Line height and list items

michael ensor edc at wnc.quik.co.nz
Sun Sep 8 08:15:04 CDT 2002

It's late night early morning here, but here is something I was playing
around with, not quite on topic, but you should get the idea.

By default there is no vertical spacing, but what seems to work best (yes
even IE5) is using the  top-margin and setting a positive value, rather than
the negative one I have used here.

P.S. I wouldn't use those colours in a live sight, lol
P.S.2 I was really experimenting with different insets, however the margin
works in IE5.5, ( even from memory NS 4+? )

body { margin: 3.5%; color: navy; background: #fcc; }
h1 { color: #c00; background: #fcc; margin-left: -2%; font-family: Arial,
sans-serif; }
h2 { color: #606; background: #fcc; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; }
/* Order of 'precedence' is important for some browsers */
ul { list-style-type: circle; list-style-image:
url(../../cssx/goldball.gif); margin-top: -0.95em; }
ul ul { list-style-type: square; list-style-image: none; margin-top: 0; }
ul ul ul { list-style-type: disc; }
li { border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-color: red; }
ul li { margin-right: 2em; margin-top: 1em; margin-bottom: 1em;
padding-left: 1.5%; }
ul a { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; color:
green; background: yellow; text-decoration: underline; font-style: normal; }