[thelist] Databases

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Sun Sep 8 11:33:10 CDT 2002

I'm of the
> understanding that once you know the basic concept of how
> db's work it isn't too hard to go from say Access to SQL
> Server (please feel free to dispel this myth).

Can't think of any resources off the top of my head, but I actually went the
other direction: started with MSSQL2000 and then started using Access. I
think MSSQL is easier, but that's purely a connection issue. The biggest day
to day difference between MSSQL, Access, and MySQL is how you connect. After
that, the SQL queries are essentially the same. Not a big transition between
any of them.

joel