[thelist] IIS: Cannot delete file because unable to access frontpg.lck

Minh Lee Goon evolt at goonies.info
Mon Sep 9 13:45:03 CDT 2002

Hi there evolt,
I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

One of the FrontPage webs that I administer will not allow the user to
delete his files off the server. When I log in as him, I get the same error.
I am not allowed to delete a file because the server cannot read the
frontpg.lck file. I looked for the file but it does not exist in the
_vti_pvt folder.

I tried recalculating the web, but that didn't make a difference. I also
merged the sub-web and recreated it, but that didn't do anything either. I
am able to log in to his account through FTP and delete files fine, so I'm
not sure where the hang-up is.

I'd really appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks in advance.

Minh Lee Goon.

http://www.goonies.info/
Not the film. The family.