[thelist] SQL record filtering

dn at dittodesign.co.uk dn at dittodesign.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 06:14:01 CDT 2002

Hi all,
Could somebody point me in the right direction with this one please.

I'm working on a site at the moment that requires I pass variables over
a number of pages to filter a recordset on the final page depending on
the variable choices over the previous pages. Simple. ASP and Ultradev
by the way.

What I need to do now is return a single record on this final page
rather than all matching records and on clicking this record you are
shown all matching records. The clicking and showing part is simple.
Its the return of one matching record that I'm stuck on.

As simply as I can put it. I'm filtering down to 'Category' on the final
page. However Category could have up to six different product types.
I want to show just one record from each of these product types.
Rather than the whole lot in that Category. Clicking on that product type
then brings up the associated products.

Any and all help much appreciated.

Darren Yates
dn at dittodesign.co.uk