[thelist] SQL Server delays...

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed Sep 11 13:38:00 CDT 2002

Hi List,

I'm working in ASP 2.0 and SQL Server 2000 on a Win2k platform. I've got a
web app. that does a minute amount updating and retrieving to my SQL Server.
I'm experiencing abnormal delays in the processes. A normal response would
be, for me, to query and get a response back immediately. My current delays
are anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds in length. I'm querying the database for
stuff on page 1, then I go to the next page on my command, and query once
more.

Is there anyway to halt my PID's (Process ID) and free up my resources from
the server before continuing. Or what do you think these delays could be
caused by? Our SQL Server also hosts other databases running currently, and
I seriously doubt the other activity could be causing the traffic jam.

Ideas,

Rob.Smith