[thelist] Apache URL Look-Back Feature

Keith Palmer keithp at logosoftwear.com
Wed Sep 11 15:55:01 CDT 2002

I recently read an article on evolt.org, located here:

http://www.evolt.org/article/Search_Engine_Friendly_URLs_with_PHP_and_Apache/17/15049/

This method works absolutely perfect on our Lexiconn hosted webserver, BUT we'd ideally like to have an in-house server to test on.  Problem is, one both our in-house WinNT Apache server AND Slackware Linux / Apache server, if you request a URL like this:

http://servername/index.php/name/value

You get an immediate 404 Error or Internal Server Error 500.  Do I need to turn on Apache's URL Look-Back feature? I can't find any information on this on the Apache.org website.  Anyone know what I need to do to get this to work?

 - Keith Palmer