[thelist] colour keywords in CSS?

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Wed Sep 11 21:01:29 CDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 06:47:36PM -0700, Gwen Noel wrote:
> I was wondering if there is any ways to define common colours accross a
> stylesheet.  I think this would be useful for templates with several
> colour schemes.
>
> colour1: #ffc;

Not with CSS, but you can use server side scripting (Perl, PHP, etc) to
generate your CSS for you. Then it is simply a matter of declaring a
global variable and using that. (Be careful to send the correct content
type, CSS should not be sent as text/html and some browsers will reject
CSS that isn't text/css)

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.