[thelist] "email to a friend" link

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Sep 12 00:46:01 CDT 2002

At 01:27 AM 12-09-02, Chris Blessing wrote:
>Madhu-
>
>How would that send the source code?  The only thing that ever gets
>transferred is the URL itself, not the code of the page at said URL.
>
>Certainly you could send whatever link you like by manipulating the link's
>querystring, but again it's just a url.

Yes, you're right. I should've clarified. I was thinking of the sites that
have an option to send the entire page as well (CNET News.com for instance).

And the issue I mentioned is especially important about "printer-friendly
page" scripts - the kind that *don't* use a database, but instead extract
the content from static HTML files. Those can also reveal code.

Regards,

Madhu