[thelist] SQL record filtering

dn at dittodesign.co.uk dn at dittodesign.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 08:24:01 CDT 2002

Hi Karen,

> Very interested to see if/how you get it done.

I tried Joshuas code first as it was a case of cut and paste
almost. I had a few bugs and turned to your idea.

I tried DISTINCTROW  without much success
I'm also doing other filtering on the same page
and couldn't slot it in place. I then tried DISTINCT
which was ideal as it returned one record from
each of the categories rather than all but again I couldn't
get it working with the recordsets I was already using
on the page.

Tried a few ultradev extensions which turned out to be
a dead end

Finally returned to Joshuas code this morning and with a
few tweaks got the thing running perfectly.Yeehaw ! =8-)

http://www.simply-connect.info/mobile_phone_accessories.htm

to perform this trick the magic words are -

SELECT Small_Image, Phone_Model, Sale_Price, Master_Category, Category, ID
FROM accessories  WHERE ID IN  (  SELECT Min(ID)
FROM accessories
WHERE Master_Category = 'MMColParam' AND Phone_Model = 'MMColParamC'  GROUP
BY Category  )

MMColParam = Request.QueryString("Master_Category")
MMColParamC = Request.QueryString("Phone_Model"

Thanks  Joshua for the life line
and thanks again Karen for the suggestions.

regards,

Darren Yates
dn at dittodesign.co.uk
http://dittodesign.co.uk