[thelist] Freeway (was site check: brownecenter.com)

Alan Wood alan.wood at context.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 09:08:01 CDT 2002

Rob Sylvan wrote:

> Anyone ever come across this product? I'd never heard
> of it, and for all I know it could be a decent product
> that was poorly used, or just a poor product.

It is quite well known among Mac users.  In my opinion, it makes far too
much use of graphics.  It allows you to type text in several scripts (e.g.
English with Chinese and Greek quotations), but then without telling you it
saves your text as a graphic!  It took me a while to work out why I could
not re-size my text in a browser.

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)