[thelist] mailing list scripts

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Sep 12 22:41:01 CDT 2002

At 08:20 PM 9/12/2002, Rob Schumann wrote:

>Clearly using php's "mail" function will get bogged down, so I need a
>script that is easy to interface to from php, but which is probably
>written in perl and interfaces to sendmail in such a way that the host
>server is not brought to its knees whenever the distribution is fired up.
>
>Does anyone have any recommendations for such scripts to handle this
>(freeware or pay-for).

My recommendation is to use a DB to "queue" the sending of the newsletter,
then use cron to come by and pickup the process. From there you could
"fork" the process and deal with the newsletter users is discrete chunks.

Either that, or look at commercial software like Lyris.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys