[thelist] Site Check: www.GamingSA.com/index

Andy Warwick mailing.lists at creed.co.uk
Fri Sep 13 10:12:01 CDT 2002

On 2002/09/13 06:17 am, "James Mclean" <james at adam.com.au> wrote:

> If you have a few spare minutes, could I get some people to check the
> operation and layout of the site, www.gamingsa.com/index? the site is an
> online gaming community, with games such as CS, and various Quake 3
> based games.
>
> Under my testing, it works well in Netscape 6 (Linux), Opera (Linux),
> Konqueror (Linux), IE6 (Win98/2000/XP). I do not have access to a Mac,
> perhaps i could get some tests from someone with a Mac?

Looks fine in IE5.2 under Mac OS X 10.1.5

It was - however - a little slow to load (30-40 secs.); may not be a problem
at your end, but I'd hate to think it will just fall over and die come
launch. Maybe too many nested tables, which causes some browsers to not
display anything until it's all downloaded?

HTH

Andy W