[thelist] Foreign Fonts

Alan Wood alan.wood at context.co.uk
Tue Sep 17 03:24:01 CDT 2002

Neal wrote:

> > I am working on  website that uses Farsi
> >
> > sometimes the browser renders the font and sometimes not
> > is this an issue with the actual font? the charset?
	http://www.irandokht.com

I don't think there is anything wrong with your Web site; the problem seems
to be a bug in Internet Explorer.  Your Arabic characters are numeric
character references, which should work with any charset.

With English Windows 95 with Arabic fonts installed, I see Arabic characters
in the tooltips for the links below the pictures using Mozilla 1.2alpha and
Opera 6.05.

With Internet Explorer 5.5, I see black bars instead of characters.

I don't think there is any way for you to fix this.  You can ask Microsoft
to make it work properly by sending a suggestion from:

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)