[thelist] Need Help - Secured Server - Unsecured Images

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Thu Sep 19 10:54:00 CDT 2002

% -----Original Message-----
% From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
% [mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of Ron Dorman
% Sent: 19 September 2002 16:40
% To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
% Subject: Re: [thelist] Need Help - Secured Server - Unsecured Images
%
% Images come up fine under http.  Under https, we get the secured pages
% but no images.  Until Monday the images were being displayed under both
% protocols for over a month of testing.
%
% Server is RH Linux 7.2, Apache and openSSL.  No redirects or special
% magic in the background.  We even have other sites on the same server
% doing fine in both protocols.

Could be a browser thing - the 'this page contains secure and
non-secure items' question you see in IE (for example)... I'd
check that the images on the page as retrieved as https:// are
not being retrieved insecurely themselves.

Failing that, check that everything on port 443 (directories,
paths, etc) matches everything on port 80 in httpd.conf

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com