[thelist] IIS equivalent of Apache "Permanent redirect" directive?

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Thu Sep 19 12:43:01 CDT 2002

ah sorry bob,

i reread your first post again, you don't need custom headers for this.
;-)

Application.cfm is where i do that, i usually setup a structure of bad
pages/good pages
and do a check on cgi.script_name.
sumthin like: (watch the wrap)
<cfscript>
app.redirects = StructNew();
app.redirects["/pgs_categories/AmericanFurniture.cfm"] =
"/books/american_furniture/";
app.redirects["/pgs_categories/Architecture.cfm"] = "/books/architecture/";
app.redirects["/pgs_categories/ArtNouveau.cfm"] = "/books/art_nouveau/";
app.redirects["/pgs_categories/ArtsandCrafts.cfm"] =
"/books/arts_and_crafts/";

if(StructKeyExists(app.redirects,cgi.script_name))
{
   WriteOutput('One moment, redirecting to new page');
   WriteOutput('<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="5; URL=' &
app.redirects[cgi.script_name] & '">');
}
</cfscript>

you could use cflocation too, but the meta refresh is better if you want
search spiders to pick up the change.

nagrom