[thelist] having problems with php redirect form

Timothy J. Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Fri Sep 20 00:41:01 CDT 2002

I have a form at http://tntluoma.com/form.html

which is supposed to be a drop down menu for navigation.  Here's an
abbreviated version of what it says:

<form action="/redirect.php">
<select id="goto" name="goto">
<option value="" selected="selected">Jump To Day</option>
<option value="/opera/lover/day01-why/">Day 1: Why</option>
<option value="/opera/lover/day02-install/">Day 2: Install</option>
<option value="/opera/lover/day03-interface/">Day 3: Interface</option>
<input type="submit" value="go" />
</form>

and here is the 'redirect.php'

<?php
	$TARGET = $_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"];

	header("Location: $TARGET");

	exit();
?>

but this isn't coming close to working.  I've checked PHP.net and Google
but I must either be trying to look for something so obvious I can't
find it or I'm using the wrong keywords.

Does anyone have a pointer or working example?  I'm stumped here.

TjL

--
30 Days to becoming an Opera Lover
                                  http://www.tntluoma.com/opera/lover/