[thelist] Java: basic help?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Sep 20 14:37:01 CDT 2002

On Friday, September 20, 2002, 1:04:11 PM, you said:
J> It sounds like the current working directory is not on in the
J> CLASSPATH.  The JVM only looks for class files on explicitly defined
J> system paths.  This can be done with either an environment variable
J> (CLASSPATH) or by executing the JVM with the -classpath option; in
J> your case try:

J> java -classpath C:\javaprograms HelloWorld

Layydeees aaand gentlemen! I present you with the output of
my very first bit of Java

"Hello, World"

(Remember! You've seen it here first!)

Success! That was the trick! I really appreciate the help.
I've always found this part of the learning curve the most
frustrating- that of learning the ground rules. Thanks guys!

--
Frank Marion
framar at interlog.com
http://www.frankmarion.com