[thelist] Changing HTTP Headers

Mircea Bogdan evolt at personal.ro
Fri Sep 20 21:31:01 CDT 2002

The problem with this challenge is that the cgi script detects the fact that my
ISP is not in NZ, as it is my ISP that serves the request to Arcanum(the
server). If I use a remote proxy in NZ, that means that my requests are sent to
the NZ proxy and the proxy then submits my request to Arcanum. All Arcanum will
detect is an NZ server requesting a page. All great till now..

BUT, the sad part is that the script will detect this level of attack.(I've
heard this from users that passed the challenge)
That's the reason why I have to spoof the HTTP headers somehow. And I don't
have a clue how...and I don't imagine what headers to change. Maybe I should
sniff the headers sent by the server and start from there..