[thelist] CF -- have a Q need a Tip to clean-up my webs.

Sean Brown sbrown at xacting.com
Sun Sep 22 12:05:00 CDT 2002

Way back on Fri Oct 12 19:45:06 2001 Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com wrote the
following in a tip
(http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20011008/059198.html):

<snip />

> To avoid this bit of tedium and performance hit, try putting the UDFs in a
> "library file" and cfincluding that in the Application.cfm file. Since the
> server stays in a multi-threaded condition, the performance is increased
> and, more importantly, cflocks no longer grow like the pestilent weed in
> your carefully cultivated code.

Point of clarification: inside the "library file", the UDFs should be
wrapped in a cflock right? This way the cflock is inside a thread and not
around the application? I don't recall reading anywhere (other than above)
that having a cflock in application.cfm will block all thread? Is there a
reference or publication somewhere that has more information?

./s

{
   #sbrown at xacting.com
}