[thelist] How to auto close an Internet explorer window / page

Jim Rhodes Jim at JimRhodes.Net
Mon Sep 23 14:46:01 CDT 2002

Hello,

I am looking for an HTML or Javascript method to automatically close a web
page x seconds after it has loaded.

I have an application that launches a web page with object tags that
launches an application.  After the application has launched
the object tag web page just sits there and confuses the user.  I would
like to have it automatically close without
interaction by the user after x seconds.

If I cannot do that I would like to have the object tag page that is first
opened, open as small as possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jim