[thelist] Checkbox

lon.kraemer lwkraemer at directvinternet.com
Tue Sep 24 13:23:01 CDT 2002

> I have a form that allows the User to opt in for more information,
i.e.,

> [checkbox checked] Yes, please send me more information about XYZ
Corp.

> On submission of the form, the recipient gets a name/value only if the
check box was checked, the correct behavior. In this case, because the
results are going into a database, I need to provide a placeholder,
something like :

> [checkbox unchecked] No, please do not send me more information about
XYZ Corp.

> How can i acheive this without using radio buttons and YES/NO? There
are several of these opt in check boxes and I don't want to clutter the
UI.

If a name/value _is_ returned, store true in your database, else store
false.

--
Lon Kraemer