[thelist] How to auto close an Internet explorer window /page

aboodman at youngpup.net aboodman at youngpup.net
Tue Sep 24 13:42:00 CDT 2002

Javascript can only close windows that it has opened, as a security
precaution.

To do what you want, make a bookmarklet (in this case a 'shortcutlet'?)
that contains the javascript to do what you want. I tested it with my site
by typing the following into the internet explorer URL bar, and dragging
teh little page icon at the left of it to the desktop:

javascript:void(window.open('http://www.youngpup.net/','',''));

Obviously, you will want to modify it to suit your requirements. But it
works groovy.

--
Aaron Boodman
aaron | www @ youngpup.net