[thelist] creating a subdomain for a website (win2k)

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Tue Sep 24 19:00:01 CDT 2002

ok. i tried it and i think we're going in the right direction, but i may
have missed a step or something.

1. the path to the home directory is...

e:\devsg\

2. the ip address is "All Unassigned" conversely, www.domain.com is
10.0.0.3. should i also list dev.domain.com as 10.0.0.3 instead of All
Unassigned?

3. the host header for dev.domain.com is "dev.domain.com".

i also changed the HOSTS file on my local workstation to use the
external IP address of the domain.com box. i ALSO tried using the
internal IP address of the domain.com box. with the same results.

and what results are those? when i put in dev.domain.com i am greeted
with domain.com's homepage and not my index.asp file that i placed in
e:\devsg\

thanks,
chris.