[thelist] e-commerce resources

Katherine Evans katherine.g.evans at gte.net
Wed Sep 25 09:31:00 CDT 2002

Hi,

I've been asked by a client about an e-commerce site for a
small home-based business (selling crafts), and I'm the
first to admit that I'm way out of my league here.  I've
worked on dynamic sites before, but they never had the kind
of issues that e-commerce has (secure payment, calculating
tax etc).

Does anyone have any experience using pre built services
(Yahoo Stores and the like)?  I'd love to hear about the
pros/cons of these.

I'd also love to hear about any tools and prebuilt
componants out there that I could use, and how difficult
they are to integrate into a cohesive site.

Thanks for your help,
Kat