[thelist] Perl/CGI help

Kevin B. O'Brien ahuka at ahuka.com
Wed Sep 25 14:08:04 CDT 2002

At 07:00 AM 9/25/2002 -0500, Jay Blanchard said something remarkably like
(but somehow subtly different from):
>[snip]
>Late to the thread ...
>
>Just to clarify, the first line of the PERL script is a 'bash' line which
>appears to be commented out, but isn't. It is the line that lets the script
>know where the PERL .exe is. It is best to follow the bash line with 2 blank
>lines before any script is started.
>[/snip]
>
>And apparently didn't read the whole thread *blush*. Anything on the bash
>line with a dash before it is a PERL run option. There are a lot of these
>options, so knowing which you have we could tell you what they are for and
>whether or not they are part of generating the errors that you see.

Thanks, I am getting there slowly. I am working on the "Llama" book right
now trying to get up to speed.

The script is one I got from the Evolt site, and is written by Martin
Burns. The URL is:

http://www.evolt.org/article/Breadcrumbs_for_All/17/4428/index.html

in case anyone is interested.

It will take me a bit to figure out exactly what the errors, if indeed they
are errors, are all about and fix them. Since the script seems to be
working fine right now, I guess I'll just comment out the "use diagnostics"
line to save wear and tear on my large httpd-error.log.

--
Kevin B. O'Brien         TANSTAAFL
ahuka at ahuka.com
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long
plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die
like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- Hunter S. Thompson

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/