[thelist] css "transparency"

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Sep 25 17:37:01 CDT 2002

actually... i think the word you're looking for is "checkerboard" or
something along those lines.

please correct me if i'm wrong, (i'd rather know the truth) but i think
dither is a technique by which two colors can be used to create the
illusion of multiple shades of the two colors.

in this case a checkerboard pattern of opaque and transparent white
pixels were used to create a dithered effect when layed on top of the
background.

chris.