[thelist] CF: .pdf, .rtf on the fly?

Susan Wallace susanhw at webcastle.com
Fri Sep 27 13:22:01 CDT 2002

Hi Frank,

I have an application here that creates an RTF on the fly and feeds it to
the browser. It uses a Query, then a CFSAVECONTENT with a CFSCRIPT to
generate the RTF file. If I remember correctly, you create the document
that you want in Word, then open it in a text editor. The data that you
want to replace with variables from the query (or whatever you are using),
you find in that jumble of RTF code and put in #YourVar#

Once you have the content saved to the Var, you should be able to write it
to disk, perhaps someone will correct my assumption here.

If you want my example file, e-mail me off list and I'll send it to you. :)

Regarding pdf, did you look in the Exchange? I seem to recall a "CFtoPDF"
tag... but I could also be dreaming...

HTH!
Susan Wallace