[thelist] best way to turn word into html with links and all

Michael Mell mike at nthwave.net
Fri Sep 27 16:21:00 CDT 2002

If I wasn't such a slacker, I would use my free time to complete a
project I started in Python to convert rtf docs to YML(tm) --
YourMarkupLanguage.

The idea is to save the word doc as rtf, then decompose the rtf document
according to the rtf spec and then use user defined name/value pairs to
create a new document with the user defined markup.

User defined markup might be HTML, XML or some arbitrary code specific
to some arbitrary content management system (like the one I wrote!)

Perhaps I'll get back on this project sooner than later. There is
obviously a need for it.

construct wrote:

> think this one might have been ask recently
>
> but I have a word doc----little complex
> need to be HTML-ized
>
> we all know save as HTML doc is a mess---
> Dreamweaver-clean up HTML doesn't really help
>
> any suggestions
> Thanks
> neal
> --