[thelist] I've packed and moved.

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Fri Sep 27 21:58:01 CDT 2002

Daniel Medley wrote:
> Any ideas as to why it's inaccessible via my dial up? It is possible that
> the transfer has propagated everywhere else except with them?
> Daniel Medley

There is a reasonable chance that they still have an entry in their DNS
server that thinks its authoratative for your domain and still has the
old IP address.  Your dial up connection is probably using their DNS
server, so you are getting the wrong information back from it.  You
should call them and make sure that they remove the entry for your
domain from their DNS servers.

In the mean time, you can bypass their DNS servers by adding a line in
your hosts file.  Search for a file called HOSTS (no file extension).
You'll add a line with the IP address of the machine where your site now
resides.  The file includes comments that document the format.

Hope this helps,
Judah