[thelist] mac/ie background image problem

lon.kraemer lwkraemer at directvinternet.com
Sat Sep 28 20:00:01 CDT 2002

> > background-image: url('/images/tab_bg.gif');
> > i know it *should* work cause it works just fine on win2k/ie6.
> >
> > http://bf-tasks.jeffhowden.com/
> >
> > can someone with a mac take a look and see if they see the problem
and hopefully tell me what the solution is?

> IE/Mac is very picky about the URL references.  It requires a full
quote " instead of an apostrophe.  That should do it.

...and (nothing to due with the prob at hand) there's a validation error
for a language attribute and the typo (0xp) in this rule.

.formHeading {
  text-align: right;
  vertical-align: top;
  padding: 5px 5px 0px 0xp;
}

To wit: a unit is unnecessary for a 0 value. padding:5px 5px 0 0; is
fine and will save a few bytes.

--
Lon Kraemer