[thelist] algorithm design

Pablo Oliva poliva at cox.net
Mon Sep 30 00:45:00 CDT 2002

I have a new project that I might be working on and need some guidance
from the more experienced software designers on this list. The project
is taking input from users and sorting the users, based on the input,
into 4 or 5 separate "types" of users, categorizing them into these
categories. I have never done anything like this, and would like to know
if you could point me in the right direction as far as sources, where I
could look to learn about this type of algorithm design. Anything would
help, psychology, algorithm design, etc. Thanks in advance.