[thelist] Wordsearch in ASP/Access

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Mon Sep 30 13:29:01 CDT 2002

I am on another mailing list that has just started up for volunteers for a
particular charity. The list administrators are still finding their feet and
have come up with the idea of sending us all a Word document every month
including all the e-mails. I have suggested that putting them all into a
database that can be searched from their web site is a much better option,
and have volunteered to do this. I have dabbled in DBs but have never
written a search option before. For example, if someone types in the word
"Linux" I want every entry with the word Linux in it to be returned.
Obviously this is possible, but I haven't got a clue how to do it, and a
search on the web has been pretty disappointing because I am not entirely
sure what I am looking for. Microsoft's Index Server looks promising, anyone
here use it? Otherwise, can any of you ASP people point me in the right
direction?

Thanks

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk