[thelist] anyone know a good (cough free cough) tool for making image backgrounds transparent?

Daniel Medley dm at lgcy.com
Tue Oct 1 06:22:01 CDT 2002

> Does the light version support layers? If so, put your image
> above a transparent layer, and delete from the image layer
> that which you wish to be transparent. If you save it as a
> gif, that which is invisible in your .psd will be
> transparent in the gif.
>
> That is, of course if the light edition supports layers, and
> exporting to gifs.
Or, you could purchase PaintShop Pro 7 for about a hundred bucks (or less).
I have both it and Photo Shop and for web use PaintShop is every bit as
useful considering the price. In fact, looking back, I wish that I had just
gotten PaintShop and not spent the big bucks on Photo Shop. It supports
layers, vectors, has a decent little built in optimizer and has just about
every tool functionality that Photo Shop has.

Peace,
Daniel Medley