[thelist] CHMOD equiv. on Windows Host

Joel Morris joelm at citycent.com
Tue Oct 1 17:06:00 CDT 2002

It's not normal practice with any of the hosts I've dealt with on Win
servers - I've placed clients at a half-dozen or so different hosts
and all have allowed FSO.

Joel Morris
-------------------------------
CityCenter Co.
Website Development & Marketing
http://www.citycent.com
mailto:joelm at citycent.com

Joel Morris wrote:
> My experience with web hosting companies is that they'll set the
> permissions to run ASP scripts, but little else. So, if you need to
> write to a database or use File System Object to write a file,
you'll
> have to ask the hosting company to set those permissions for you.

My host has disabled FSO for all their clients - told me I'd need to
find another way to do things.

Is that normal practice??

Thanks,
Karen