[thelist] Bobby not free anymore

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Fri Oct 4 08:18:01 CDT 2002

>It looks rather like Watchfire are in the "make a profit" business rather
then
>then "make the web accessible" business.

I was concerned about this too... :(

>Check out http://valet.htmlhelp.com/page/ for an alternative.

Are there any alternatives that either allow POSTing the HTML source code
for validation, or provide source code so we can implement on our own?

I am behind a firewall and would like to test my site's pages. The site is
dynamic, so I really can't test static pages. I would like to run a VBScript
or Python shell to spider the site each week and run the analysis so I can
check the site's status and then notify the relevant subsite administrators
via e-mail with a report.

Since we are behind a firewall we can't use any of these URL-based services.
And since we are government we are supposed to be 508-compliant... :(

I have a Windows 2000 development box with SQL Server 7 which would run all
of this analysis if possible.

Thanks for any pointers,
-dave