[thelist] Internet Explorer problem

Scott McPhee scott at rigent.com
Fri Oct 4 15:02:01 CDT 2002

I know this sounds silly but have you tried switching the "AUTOMATICALLY
DETECT SETTINGS" to OFF? (TOOLS/OPTIONS/CONNECTIONS/LAN SETTINGS)  When
I've set up people's accounts with IE before I find that whatever
Microsoft does in their automagic detection sometimes doesn't work - if
you are using a DHCP account it should just work without that option
checked.

sm

03ba.html
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/

and from the latter, specifically:
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers4.htm
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_5.htm

 > Well, I guess it's time to start checking out Mozilla more in depth!
> LOL

do that anyway - it rocks :)

hth
karen