[thelist] Aligning tables in Netscape

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sat Oct 5 23:41:10 CDT 2002

> what's wrong with multi-column layout?
>
> i'm guessing you're kidding -- a database-guru
> who doesn't like columns?

not kidding at all

columns are fine in tables of data where cells in the same row have their
values seen side by side

columns for layout are usually not related, and require scrolling up, down,
back up, back down...

sure, sometimes one column is a nav bar and the other is the story, or one
column is the story and the other is ads, and so on

if not overdone, i can live with it

but too many columns is ungainly and i am particularly repulsed by sites
that try to cram all kinds of shit onto the page, if you will pardon my
french

maybe we can call it "column junk" like the term "chart junk"

rudy