[thelist] RE: Wordsearch in ASP/Access

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Mon Oct 7 08:56:01 CDT 2002

> As mentioned earlier you'll match searchterms within words, but if you
> really can't live with that you're either going to have to use SQLServer
for
> the extended full-text indexing methods that are available, or clean up
your
> results in your ASP code afterwards. (A regular expression that checks
word
> boundaries would do the trick).

I have been racking my brains over this all day and now my head hurts :(
I have read all I can find about regular expressions and I think I
understand how they work, but I can't for the life of me suss out how to get
an exact word match by using them. I have considered adding a space before
and after the word, but this won't work if the word is at the beginning or
end of a sentence. Is this really possible using Access?

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk