[thelist] css gurus

Andrew Maynes andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk
Mon Oct 7 13:26:01 CDT 2002

looking good guys!

http://www.worldaudiodesign2.co.uk/amplifier_parts_index.html

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of Scott McPhee
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 06:21
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: RE: [thelist] css gurus

There's the rub... I don't think that can be done -  the BORDER
cproperties can only be used on elements (div,td,tr) - and all elements
give a line break.  So where I have SPAN class=header, if the border
properties were added to the header class it wouldn't apply (span is an
inline construct)... if I change the span to a div it will give a line
break...

You were probably right to then use a table cell and have the cell an
absolute width so it doesn't slide UNDER the rightside menu - when you
have the width of 100% it will just pop it below the menu.  I suppose
then create another class that just leaves off the right side formatting
so it looks like its sliding under the menu.  Not elegant at all.

Ever thought of not doing the whole thing with css and just building a
table structure?  Your right side menu could row span 2 or three rows
and then full sized rows beneath?

sm

---