[thelist] css quirks in AOL?

janice janice at discoverysystems.com
Tue Oct 8 11:30:01 CDT 2002

Hi all,

After going down several different paths with our site development, finding
er... issues with some of our dynamic text implementation, we finally came
up with a solution that works cross platform on *most* browsers (thanks to
the wonderful advise and guidance from a certain member of this list, to
whom I'm extremely grateful!!!)

However, before turning over to our marketing folk to add content, etc.
thought I'd take a look-see at how it looks in A-O-HELL - yikes! Having
problems with the dynamic text not being positioned where it should be. It
appears that the visibility being turned off and on, but the text remains in
the position it would be if we were *not* using dynamic text. Um... hard to
explain so perhaps you could take a look at the following:

http://averra.com/pages/about.htm

The menu buttons on the left change out the content and the table cell
*should* resize itself based on the content in the <div>. In AOL, the table
cell is not resizing, but staying the height it would be if all the content
were visible.

I haven't looked at the site on AOL on Windows yet, but on v5 on the Mac,
does not behave well at all! Could someone let me know if this same
phenomenon is happening on Windows?

Does anyone have a solution for this issue??? Am thinking I'll need to
create separate pages for NN4.7 anyway since my changeText function doesn't
seem to be working for that browser version - may just send those on AOL to
these pages as well. BUT... if there's a solution would prefer not to create
the separate pages.

Thanking you in advance for any insight!

Janice