[thelist] CSS question..

Michael Barrett mbarrett at triad.rr.com
Tue Oct 8 17:00:02 CDT 2002

If you declare the position as absolute. Then re-delcare it as fixed using a
parent child selector, Win IE will honor the absolute postion, and ignore
the fixed  declaration this way you can pop your element on the screen where
you want it...and have it scroll appropriately in compliant browsers

Here's an example from a test I was doing on for my site
<http://www.abouthalf.com/abouthalf_test/> :

div#nav_shadow {
position: absolute;
top: 100px;
left: 12px;
width: 100px;
background-color: #DEDEDE;
border: none;
padding: 0px;
}

/*displays in Mac IE 5, Mozilla, Opera*/
html>body div#nav_shadow {
position:fixed;
}

IE Win ignores the parent child selector so you can create one set of
attributes for IE win ...and then re-declare the 'correct' ones.

--
Michael Barrett
-O^O-

mbarrett at triad.rr.com