[thelist] Browser bug or table help

Andrew Boardman boardman at manoverboard.com
Tue Oct 8 20:34:03 CDT 2002

Okay, I've taken everyone's advice and the table still breaks on most
of the subpages (with longer text content) under the BOOK nav -- but
only in Netscape Win XP and 7.0 OS X and IE 5.2 OS X.  I'd appreciate
any and all suggestions!  Thank you very much!

http://www.spiritualactivist.org

Andrew Boardman.

On Sunday, October 6, 2002, at 11:14  AM, Bruce Wilbur wrote:

> Andrew Boardman wrote:
>
>> I created a small Web log for a friend at
>> http://www.spiritualactivist.org and for some reason the pages shift
>> about 5 px depending on the contents, probably because of the table.
>>
> It might be helpful to selectively add table borders for diagnostic
> purposes.
>
> I see two places where I'd start troubleshooting.  In the leftmost and
> center column nested tables on all pages, the cellpadding attribute
> isn't set.  Perhaps a browser default cell padding is forcing the a
> cell
> wider somewhere.  On the home page, looking at the left column, the
> book
> graphic is set the same width as the column.  If the browser is adding
> some padding by default, this would be the culprit.
>
> In the rightmost column, but *only* on the home page, I see cellspacing
> set to 7.  This may also be affecting the homepage's width.
>
> Your mileage may vary...
>
> HTH!
>

> --

Andrew Boardman.