[thelist] Shortcuts for hyperlinks

Nickolay Kolev nmkolev at uni-bonn.de
Wed Oct 9 02:25:01 CDT 2002

>as to your question, begin your research here:
>
>altKey:
>http://msdn.microsoft.
>com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/altkey.asp
>
>ctrlKey:
>http://msdn.microsoft.
>com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/ctrlkey.asp
>
>shiftKey:
>http://msdn.microsoft.
>com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/shiftkey.asp

I almost did it except for the fact that the Alt Key is not detected...
Ctrl-X and Shift+X and Ctrl+Shift+X do work but tha Alt doesn't,
despite tha sam code... here is waht I am using:

function keys(){
	if(event.ctrlKey && event.shiftKey){
		if(event.keyCode == 16) add_tag('p');
		if(event.keyCode == 19) add_tag('strong');
		if(event.keyCode == 1) insert_link();
		return false;
	}
	return;
}

document.onkeypress = keys

if I use event.altKey in the place of the event.shiftKey it doesn't
work...

Am I missing something?

nmk