[thelist] Client wants to update page content

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Wed Oct 9 11:50:02 CDT 2002

>The owner/chef is eager to be able to update various pages (such as menu)
>himself. He is not very tech-savvy, but doesn't want to have to pay me
>forever to update frequently-changing data.

XML, but sounds like he may not even be that proficient.

Given the content, and the fact they probably will want to update more than
just the menu, I'd look into a text-file solution.

I would break each menu section into a separate text file, one item per
line, then process them on the server as includes. In other words, include
say a PHP file and have the PHP file pull the text contents and format them
into the HTML.

You could do this with the other sections as well, such as the Events, Wine
List, etc.

-dave