[thelist] Who is this guy?

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Wed Oct 9 15:34:00 CDT 2002

Hershel Robinson wrote:
<snip>
One of clients, a brand new one, told me I should really read Philip
Greenspun's site, in particular his Guide to Web Publishing:
http://philip.greenspun.com/panda/

Anybody know about this guy and his site?
</end>

I loved the book when I first read it. A lot of stuff that seems obvious to
us now, was first brought the majority of web developers awareness through
his book and web site.

I would heartily recommend you find the book and read it, (web sites are far
too difficult to read). You could probably find it in a remaindered store
for a few quid/dollars/euros, and is still worth reading if only for the
fact that clients really did spend 100,000+ on a database web system that
you can download for free now... if only I knew THEN what I think I know
now... ;)

But as he says: http://philip.greenspun.com/books/
"Philip and Alex's Guide to Web Publishing", a 1997 classic that is sort of
embarrassing now.

Kind regards,
Liam
http://www.liamdelahunty.com/ web/ design/ database/ programming