[thelist] Expired Domain Checker

Jeff Schneider jeffjulianasite at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 11:35:01 CDT 2002

Hi,

My company is extremely paranoid!
We have a lot of external links on our website, and
they want to make sure that none of them go to porn
sites.  of course this occurs not because we put in an
bad link, but because a domain name expired and then
porn people buy it

we ALREADY have a script that checks for certain 'bad'
words in the html.  BUT in addition to that, they want
to keep a database that lists each site we link to and
the expirataion date.

wouldnt the best way to do this would be to have a
service where you could enter multiple URLs, and then
when they are about to expire have an 'alert' e-mailed
to you?

any ideas?  suggestions?

i already know there is this article here about
monitoring external links:
http://www.nwfusion.com/cgi-bin/mailto/x.cgi

but they just suggest services that check links for
bad words.  we already have a script that does that!

thanks

jeff