[thelist] Re: Submitting to Search Engines

lists at thinkbigideas.com lists at thinkbigideas.com
Thu Oct 10 20:52:01 CDT 2002

My understanding is also that Google pulls from dmoz, as well,
and being listed in dmoz is a good entry point to Google. I
recently had a client who I listed in dmoz, and after several
weeks (however long it takes to get up in dmoz), she was soon
on Google. And trust me, she didn't have links to any other
sites on her website.

However, the "make many friends, associations and partnerships"
advice is the absolute best way of getting up there --
particularly in Google world.