[thelist] HTML to FDF to PDF

Joel Morris joelm at citycent.com
Thu Oct 10 23:00:08 CDT 2002

Yes, I have done this.

However, I did it in a Windows NT environment, and used the .dll's
supplied by Adobe to generate the FDF file.

My .asp script took the POST data from the HTML form, generated the
FDF file and saved it to the hard drive, sent an e-mail with the
FDF/text file as an attachment, and then when opened from the e-mail
would populate the PDF file on the client's local computer.

It was a pain to work out, but Adobe's FDF SDK is really the only
resource that I'm aware of. The .dll was for an ActiveX component that
would generate the FDF file in the proper format/syntax.

I don't know how it would be done in Perl, but let me know if I can
help further with what I did develop.

Best, Joel Morris
CityCenter Co.
Website Development & Marketing