[thelist] creating two-dimensional timetable in ASP/SQLServer

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Sun Oct 13 16:02:01 CDT 2002

From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>

| >what i need to do is display the records in a table with fixed axes.
where
| >the vertical axis (Y) is time and horizontal axis (X) is day.
|

| hi elfur
|
| how are you?  we missed you around here

i'm better thanks. but won't be around much until later this year, early
next year.

| >this wouldn't be a problem if i didn't have to display the length of the
| >class as well.
| >
| >using the example rows above, i need to mark the Y-axis from 17:30
through
| >18:30 on monday (X-axis) and from 17:00 through 18:00 on wednesday.
|
| okay, that's a different take on it
|
| this sounds almost like a gannt chart

a what?

| what do you mean "mark the y axis"?  a blob of colour? a vertical bar?
| so, no count or sum of records in that slot, something else?

a blob with info ;) display in the correct grid of the axis the info for
that class

| you know, if you were to produce an html mockup, showing what you want
the
| result page to look like, that would help a lot

good idea,
http://www.el.is/temp/class.htm

this is where i'm at. i've managed to display the classes ordered by
starting time in the correct grid, but what i need to do is to have it
exceed the slots, so that if a class' duration is 2hrs between 14-16 it
would be shown both in the 14-15 slot and the 15-16 slot ...

does this make more sense?
i've added some comments on the html doc.

thanks
elfur
still *the puzzled one*