[thelist] Preventing right-clicking on a page?

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Mon Oct 14 15:45:01 CDT 2002

> I've seen this before, mainly on Warez sites and such.

Could be a trojan... when you execute instructions from an admitted thief
you can never be quite sure which instructions you're executing:
http://www.google.com/search?q=warez+malware

> I'm putting up a mockup image of a design for a client & we don't
> want them to Save it and use it internally instead of hiring us.

Most people are honest and square. Some aren't. What leads you to believe
you're dealing with a dishonest person?

(If this is actually "How can I prevent a client from using an image on a
mockup?", then put a big ol' "DEMO" watermark on the image.)

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://jdmx.blogspot.com/